Feng Shui - 10 Useful Feng Shui Tips
1. Clutter free environment
This is one of the key factor affecting your Feng Shui home or office. A proper maintenance of keeping your place clear from clutter will essentially bring in Good Healthy Qi energy. So, time to get up your butt and start cleaning your place today!
2. Clean Out Broken Items
A quick check on your items and if found to be broken then time to throw them away. It is bad luck to have things that are no longer working or in good condition to be taking up spaces in your home or office. Do clear them away when it is no longer working.
3. Bright Lighting
You need to allow sunlight into your house as it is Yang Qi energy. Depending on which corner of your house but best choice with be your dining hall or study area. With the amount of Yang energy, it does help you to gain a little more of Good Feng Shui.
4. Sha Qi
Every sharp edges are known as Sha Qi (bad energy) where it can do more harm than good. Try to eliminate any sharp edge in your house or office with decorative objects. It helps to look nicer and yet eliminate the bad negative energy that can harm you.
5. Toilets or bathroom
You do not want to drain your money into the drains. Therefore it is time to check that all your taps are function properly without leaking and remember to put the lid down for your toilet bowl so as to prevent your money from draining away.
6. Wall Colors
You will need to plot your Flying Stars Chart as to know which are the colors best suited in each sector. If unsure about colors, it will be clearly best to use neutral colors like white, purple, etc as long as it is not relating to the 5 elements colors like red, yellow, gold, blue, etc.
7. Sitting Facing Direction
Do you know that it is important to sit and face one of your 4 best directions according to your personal Kua number. If you do not know your own Kua number, time for you to check it out in this site. Also the arrangement of the table sitting position should never be having your back against nor direct in front of the door. The right arrangement will be diagonally across the room where you can see the door. Your back should always be against the wall to have the support.
8. Bedroom Arrangement
If you are comfortably watching TV in your bedroom, now is time to remove it and place it in the hall. Bedroom is a place of Yin where you need quietness to rest. Avoid having mirrors, computer screen or any objects that can reflect images in your bedroom. If not possible, use a piece of cloth to cover it when you are sleeping.
If your bedroom door facing another bedroom or bathroom door, then make sure that you close it. The flow of energy from one door to another directly can be harmful. If you can shift the door so that it is not directly facing then it will be good. If not possible then keep it close at all times.
10. Overhead beams
Never place your furniture directly under the beam above. Sitting under ceiling beams can cause great uncomfort to you. It is bad energy to be sitting direct below the ceiling beams. Move your furniture away to avoid those beams.
11. When you are sleeping, remember your head should be facing one of your good directions instead of your worst direction.
12. Another reason is having your head facing against a wall to have the support.
13. Never situate your bed with any sharp corner pointing at it.
14. Your bed should never be placed at the wall behind the toilet
15. Your daily activities should always be facing one of your good directions instead of your worst direction.
16. Bear in mind that you should never face Tai Sui direction but instead your back facing it to have the support. When you are confronting Tai Sui (Grand Duke), it will bring bad luck and failure in everything that you do.
17. Always remember that you should never sit with your back facing 3 killings otherwise you will likely be backstabbed by people. As we know that when sitting with back to 3 Killings, it will likely result in 3 kinds of losses which will be the loss of one’s good reputation, loved one and lastly wealth.
18. While in workplace, you must never sit facing a wall instead your back against it.
19. Another important point is that you should never sit with a door behind you since provide with no job security.
20. While in your workplace, make sure that you do not have any sharp edges pointing at where you sit to avoid poison arrows or sha Qi. If unavoidable, try to block it.
|Here you will read about some common contributed tips on Feng Shui. As this web site grows, more contributed tips will be added. Do visit us again if you want to learn more or you can subscribe our Mailing List to be informed when this web site is updated. To subscribe, please Click Here.|
Common Tips - Updated on 2 January 2004
|Question:||If a house faces a T-Junction, it is said to have the effect of poor health and accident prone. What can be done to cure?|
|Answer:||Re-locate the Front Door to avoid facing directly or create an angle door to prevent it being perpendicular to the road. Another way, you can add a gate as a partition in front of your front door to avoid the 'sha' qi.|
|Question:||If a toilet faces directly opposite the main door, it is said your wealth will be flushed away from the house. What is the cure?|
|Answer:||Create a partition to block the view of the main door from the toilet.|
|Question:||If all the doors are alight straight with the main door, the qi will not be settled in the house. What is the solution?|
|Answer:||You can create a partition between the door to allow the chi flow settling down in the house.|
|Question:||If your house is across hospital or cemetery, you will encounter a series of illness. What is the solution?|
|Answer:||Have a light bulb switch on continuously day and night to create 'yang' qi to encounter the strong 'yin' qi.|
|Question:||If your house is facing the highway, you will not be able to save money. What is the solution?|
|Answer:||You can re-position your front door away from the highway.|